For information, call the museum: 661-946-3055
the Friends of the Antelope Valley Indian Museum. Benefits include:
- Invitations to special events
- 10% discount on purchases from the Gift Shop when it reopens.
- Subscription to the museum's quarterly newsletter, the FAVIM
To join, call 661-946-3055, or print out and complete the form located here and mail it to P.O. Box 1117, Lancaster, CA 93584.
Friends of the Antelope Valley Indian Museum (FAVIM) assists the
educational and interpretive program at the Antelope Valley Indian
Museum. Through the cooperative effort of the Friends and the State
Park system, the Indian Museum has been opened to the public and
scheduled tour groups since 1982.
FAVIM is an official cooperating association with California State
View a past newsletter here: FAVIM Bulletin 2014-1 pdf (800 KB)
The Antelope Valley Indian Museum is seeking volunteers interested
- American Indian cultures of this area (the Great Basin region),
other areas of California, and the Southwest;
- the peoples who have lived in this area for the past 11,000
- the history of this unique historic park and Antelope Valley
during the past century;
- meeting interesting visitors from all over the world and giving
them information about the museum;
- working with other volunteers and staff who share your interests.
Become a docent and lead school groups in their exploration of
the fascinating ways native peoples adapted to the harsh environment
of the Antelope Valley. Discuss one-of-a-kind American Indian artifacts
and arts with visitors who come to the museum from all over the
world. Become a part of a community of docents and volunteers who
bring this unique institution to life for its visitors. To become
involved, call 661-946-3055.